What is an Infrared Thermal Imaging Inspection?
Infrared thermal imaging is a non-invasive technology that involves the use of infrared cameras to show key temperature changes around the house. This technology identifies problem areas that are not visible to the naked eye.
This technology is extremely useful for the following purposes:
- Water damage detection in walls, ceilings, others – Detecting the temperature differences between a wet and the surrounding dry area helps locate moisture issues that would not be visible during a typical home inspection.
- Plumbing inspections– Water leaks in the plumbing systems are often left unnoticed until large-scale issues occur. It helps scan in and around the plumbing fixtures to determine any active leaks.
- Wood destroying insect activity – Termite activity produces a great amount of heat energy. The heat generated by active infestations can be easily detected using this technology.
- Flat Roof inspections – Any leaks to the roof can be identified with thermal imaging. Call us for a Buffalo, NY Thermal Imaging Inspection first before you decide to get a new roof. Thermal imaging can help you save a substantial amount of money by detecting the precise location of the roof leaks so proper actions can be taken to the affected area.
- Electrical Inspections – Abnormal heating or excessive current flow can cause minor to major electrical hazards. Loose or dirty electrical connections can cause power outages, or worst, fires. With thermal imaging, we can detect the hot spots and areas of anomalies so proper measures can be made. Thermal imaging is the best tool available to locate problematic areas before a component fails, causes damage to the component, and create safety hazards.
The common issues revealed during our thermal imaging inspections are:
- Roofing leaks
- Faulty wiring and electrical hazards
- Termite nests
- Structural defects
- Plumbing leaks
Thermal imaging analysis of the interior main structure. Level 1 Certified. Read more…
Scott is the consummate professional. He inspected my primary residence and a rental property, showing a deep familiarity with all the systems. He gave straightforward, practical assessments. He was especially helpful in pointing out how I could save money by doing simple jobs myself, even recommending materials. At the same time, he had a list of high-quality contractors for any job. His prices are reasonable, and he’s on time and thorough. A nice guy in the bargain. You couldn’t ask for a better inspector. Definitely go with Scott! – Neil Coffee
Call us at (716) 276-0378 or Schedule Your Home Inspection Online 24/7
Boasting over 20-years of top performance in home inspections, Scott Mack and his team of professionals employ their extensive knowledge of the industry following NYS Home Inspector Code of Ethics and InterNACHI Standards of Practice. Our certified home inspectors at Mack Property Inspection aim to provide quality services with your best interests in mind so that making your home purchase will be a smooth and successful journey.
Call us at (716) 276-0378 or Schedule Your Home Inspection Online 24/7 Right From Our Website TODAY!
Because genuine care for your safety and peace of mind is what we stand for. Mack Property Inspection.